zaterdag 16 juli 2016

Beach/vacation/waves!




Browsing through photo albums my eye fell on the picture of our son on his waveboard and the ideas within the theme crashed over me like waves.


Instantly thought of sand, shells, driftwood/bark, feathers, road signs and all this especially in blue and sand hues.

Framing the picture seemed like a good idea, so I started out with a cardboard picture frame which I painted with black gesso, so you can see the sand well.
Then I decorated it with shells, coral and sand.

After this I attached the "fishing net" on both sides of the frame onto my 12 by 12 inch paper. Next I tore up some paper and added the driftwood pieces.
Attached the rope and straw without the signs. Before I started using my Tattered Angels glimmermist; Jazz Blue, Imperial Blue and Nougat.

While my project was drying I splattered some heavy white gesso from Finnabair over the page. Wrote the signs and distressed them with Color Box ink; topaz and brown on the edges.

After the paper was dry I attached the frame, signs and feathers. 
Finally I distressed the edges of my layout and inked them with brown Color Box ink.








22 opmerkingen:

  1. Very beachy and fun interpretation of the theme! Thank you for playing along with the Canvas Corp Brands challenge!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you for the opportunity to enter this gorgeous challenge of CCB.

      Verwijderen
  2. So beautiful. I love it. Thank you for joining us at Canvas Corp Brands challenge

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Great sea canvas with so much sand! Thank you from Canvas Corp Studio!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Viktoriya

      Verwijderen
  4. Great project Laneen! Thank you for joining the Canvas Corp Brands July Challenge

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Marie, think it's a super fun theme. I love the beach and sun

      Verwijderen
  5. This makes me feel like I am at the beach! Thanks for playing along with Canvas Corp Brands!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Jean lovely to read that you got the beach feeling 2!

      Verwijderen
  6. This is pure summer at the sea! Love your layout! Thank you for joining us at Canvas Corp Brands July Challenge "beach summer vacation"!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. You swept me away...to the beach!

    Kim Rippere
    Craftisan Studios
    Canvas Corp Brands - Creative Crew

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Amazing layout, you've scrapped your photo beautifully! Thanks for joining our CCB challenge :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Wow, this is just gorgeous!! I love all the amazing textures, and your little beach vacation sign is so cool! I love that you used some authentic seashells as well, what a stunning summery canvas!! Thank you so much for joining in with us at Canvas Corp Brands this month, you should also enter this into Anything But Cute!

    http://anythingbutcutechallenge.blogspot.ca/2016/07/challenge-15-summertime-fun.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you for your kind words and I also did entered Anything by cute challenge! Thank you for the opportunity!

      Verwijderen
  10. I love the thought behind creating this canvas and you have done a beautiful job on it! The lovely picture is framed beautifully, I love the real shells and your little sign is just adorable. The fishnet and feathers are a brilliant addition. Thank so much for joining in our Summertime Fun challenge at Anything But Cute! Anne DT xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Redanne for your compliments. I really love this theme

      Verwijderen
  11. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning!! What an amazing layout!! The texture is spectacular!! I love the colors and details!! You've showcased the adorable picture perfectly!! Thank you so much for joining in our Summertime Fun Challenge at Anything But Cute!!

    Lisa DT
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen